- Do you get the time to watch at least three movies a week on an average? (Without counting the weekend.)
- Do you get to take afternoon naps at least four days a week, except on stressful weeks? (Again, leave the weekend out of this.)
- Do you have dinner with your spouse and children? Or at least, are you doing anything other than work when the family is at dinner?
- Do you feel that working from home gives you the opportunity to attend to your house and family and other personal interests as much as you like?
- Are you satisfied with the pay you receive?
- Do you think your employers acknowledge and appreciate your flexible working hours?
- Are you happily employed? In other words, is the job satisfying?
- Are you busy in a good way?
- Do you get time to chat with your spouse when they get back from work and listen to your children when they return from school?
- Do you go to bed at a reasonable hour?
- Do you have weekends?
- Are you happy that you are not going out to work?
- Even on the stressful days, when you go late to bed, do you feel a sense of accomplishment?
- Do you feel that your employers and peers respect you?
- Do you think you have attained the best work-life balance possible?
15 and above (“Flying Colours”!): Dude, a bunch of resumés are on the way. We all want your job.
10-14: What are you doing here? Go watch today’s movie or take a nap!
6-9: You could look around for other options; you really don’t have to convince yourself that this is the best you can get.
0-5: Why are you wasting your life in this miserable job? Is there any reason why you’re doing this? Take the plunge! (“CIDs, escape!”)
Disclaimer: This survey is (as you have guessed) not based on any scientific research or study, but it is based on something more solid than research or studies – experience – and it is not intended to do more than to invoke a chuckle or a sigh or both.